I know. It's been almost a month! But it's so hard to make time for a working mum. I barely find time to put half a make up in the morning. My baby turned 1, and with that comes not only the preparations and cake making (including cake making practice) for the big day, but also all his friends are turning one, so we attended half a dozen of first birthday parties. My husband keeps asking when it is going to be over. I always want to say couple more weeks and we are free, but it's never the case, it just keeps going:) And to say the truth it will be over. We have a child and it is forever...He made us happy and it is forever...
Roman also started walking last week too. It's amazing to see how happy it makes him, just cruising around, smiling, chatting away:) This morning I was drying my hair with the hair dryer, Roman walked in, grabbed a comb, stood next to me looking in the mirror and started brushing his hair:) so cute:)Back to the birthday party. I decided to make an elephant shaped cake (his favorite toy) on the day of the party which was very silly of me. Most of mums made the cake a few days or weeks beforehand and put it in the freezer (very smart!!). The night before the party was the worst night of my life...literally. Roman got double ear infection and was waking up screaming every hour. And at 4am his temperature went up to 38.6, and I had to strip him down and walk around the house with just his nappy on. It helped reduce the temperature, but he kept waking up in pain. The only reason I didn't take him to the emergency is that I just didn't want him to spend the night before his first birthday in the hospital. So imagine my state when I had to make his cake next morning. The elephant cake came out a disaster!! I was so gutted:( I bake every week. I love it! But it is ironic on his 1st birthday ever my son had the worst cake I've ever made. But the party went well even though Roman was screaming from pain most of the time. Eventually I took him to the doctors who told us it was a double ear infection.
No comments:
Post a Comment